A powerful Android box to play games and stream videos on your TV. In recent years, there has been no shortage of media players. When it comes to devices that run on the Android operating system, this is unquestionably true. While there are many Android TV boxes to choose from, finding the correct one takes some effort. If you want to save time while still getting the best media player, you’ve come to the correct place. Nvidia Shield review: It is a powerful Android TV box that aspires to deliver top-notch streaming performance. It is the most comprehensive set-top box for both gaming and streaming media. There’s a lot more to learn about Nvidia Shield, and this article does a good job of summarizing everything.
Overview of Nvidia Shield
Nvidia has created a line of digital media players based entirely on the Android TV operating system. It was released in 2015 and is known by a variety of names, including Shield TV, Shield Console, Shield Android TV, and simply Nvidia Shield. It was first released as a micro-console that could be used to play downloaded games. Furthermore, it also allows you to stream games from your PC or with a GeForce Now subscription.
Nvidia Shield, like any other Android TV, can stream content from a variety of apps. It is powered by Nvidia’s Tegra X1+ CPU with a 256-core GPU. On the basic model, it comes with 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage that can be upgraded through micro SD.
Impressive Features of Nvidia
For the following characteristics, the Nvidia Shield TV is ideal not just for gamers, but also for casual streamers and media enthusiasts.
Dolby Vision and Audio
Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR provide the finest cinematic TV experience. You’ll receive the greatest sound and visual quality possible with this. The Shield will provide a lifelike experience while streaming material from Netflix, Vudu, Prime Video, and other apps.
With the help of artificial intelligence, Nvidia shield users can upscale HD films to 4K. Its goal is to deliver clear, sharp footage that can be improved to 4K resolution in real-time.
Access The Google Play Store
Because the Nvidia Shield is an Android media player, it can run Play Store apps. Users can watch anything from more than 500 apps at any moment.
Get Access to Endless Entertainment
Users of the Nvidia Shield will be able to watch 4K HDR content when streaming TV, movies, music, and games. While cutting the cord, consumers will have access to endless entertainment.
Built-in Google Assistant
Shield users may use Google Assistant to search for movies and shows, control media playback, and control smart home devices such as thermostats, lighting, and cameras.
Play Games On a Big Screen
Playing games on Android TV is possible with the Shield console. Get unlimited access to all Play Games and GeForce Now games. Almost any game, including multi-player, can be played. cooperative missions, one-on-one combat, and so forth.
GeForce Now is a cloud gaming platform that converts your Nvidia Shield TV into a PC gaming machine.
Nvidia Shield Variants & its Price
Nvidia offers two different models of media players. It includes
- Shield TV
- Shield TV Pro
The Nvidia Shield TV is $149.99, while the Shield TV Pro costs $199.99.
Comparison of Shield TV and Shield TV Pro from Nvidia.
The characteristics of both the Nvidia Shield TV and the Nvidia Shield TV Pro are compared, and similarities and differences are listed.
- Shield TV and Shield TV Pro are powered by Android 9.0, which includes built-in support for Chromecast 4K.
- Both variants have the same processor, however, the RAM storage differs.
- With Google Assistant and Alexa, they can be operated via voice assistant.
- Both models of Shield remote have the same functionality. It has Bluetooth connectivity, motion-activated backlit buttons, a microphone for voice search, and an IR blaster for turning on the television and controlling the volume, among other features.
- Suitable game controller, mouse, or keyboard can access the Nvidia GeForce Now. Both support Nvidia Game Stream and Android gameplay through the Play Store.
- The interface of Shield TV and TV Pro supports Gigabit Ethernet with HDMI 2.0b. Additionally, it supports HDCP 2.2 and CEC.
- There is not much difference found in video features. i.e., they support 4K HDR, Dolby Vision HDR & HDR 10.
What are the distinctions?
- The standard Shield TV has 2 GB of RAM, while the Shield TV Pro has 3 GB.
- Shield TV weighs 137g and has an expandable storage capacity of 8 GB. The Pro model weighs 250 grams and has a expanded storage capacity of 16 GB.
- Shield TV and Pro models have an 802.11ac wireless port, as well as Bluetooth 5.0 + LE and captive portal capability.
- The Nvidia Shield TV has a micro SD card slot, while the Shield TV Pro has two USB 3.0 type A connections.
- Shield TV and Pro TV both offer high-resolution audio playback over HDMI and USB, while Shield TV only supports HDMI.
The Apps included with Nvidia Shield TV & Shield TV Pro?
Nvidia Shield TV and Pro models include the following apps:
- Nvidia Games
- Amazon Prime Video
- Amazon Music
- Google Play Store
- Plex Media Server
- Google Play Games
- Google Play Music
- Nvidia Share (Shield TV Pro only)
Some region-specific apps include
What are the Accessories Available for Nvidia Shield?
Nvidia Shield will be useful if at all you don’t have the following accessories.
- Shield Controller ($59.99)
- Remote ($29.99)
- Shield Stand ($19.99)
Closing Remarks: Nvidia Shield Review
Nvidia Shield Review: Shield TV is a versatile media player that is a terrific choice for everyone who enjoys movies or video games. The Shield TV can run a variety of apps and games from the Play Store. Because Android is an operating system, the interface, and physical design are simple. With Dolby Vision and Atmos support on your TV, you’ll get the most out of streaming. Although it appears to be more expensive, it is worth your money when compared to its competitors.
What is the best way to upgrade Nvidia TV?
If a software update is available, Nvidia will tell you. Manual or automatic updating is possible. Your Shield TV will update to the most recent version if you enable the Auto upgrade option. Go to Settings > select Device preference > choose About > click System upgrade and enable Auto upgrade option.
Needed to set up Shield TV?
To connect the Shield TV box, you’ll need a smart TV with an HDMI port. An active internet or Wi-Fi connection, HDMI cable. If you have a 4K/HDR TV, then you require an HDMI 2.0 cable.
How to turn on/off Shield TV?
When you connect to Shield TV, it will turn on immediately. The power cord connects Shield TV to the power supply. To turn off the remote, press the power button.
Nvidia Shield review: This TV with Tegra X1+ CPU can upscale HD videos to 4K resolution with the help of AI. As a result, after upscaling, customers can watch films in their greatest definition on Shield TV. To enable AI upscaling, go to Settings > select AI upscaling > switch on AI-Enhanced.
What are the prerequisites for streaming games in HDR from a PC?
Connect the Nvidia Shield TV to an HDR10-capable television. To stream games in HDR, make sure your PC has a GeForce GTX 10 series GPU or higher.
Can you cast media to Nvidia Shield TV?
Yes. The Google Cast feature on the Nvidia Shield TV allows you to cast any media from your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet. Only if Shield TV and smartphone are both connected to the same Wi-Fi or internet is this possible.
If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a remark in the space below. For more information, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.