Spotify is a fantastic free music and podcast streaming service. It compensates for the entire model by interspersing a few ads between music. The overall offer appears to be reasonable, and you can always subscribe to avoid advertisements. Spotify, on the other hand, had not become a content publishing company until recently, when it began to acquire exclusive podcast arrangements. And the commercials have gotten out of hand. So, if you’re looking for a means to mute Spotify ads on Android, Windows, macOS, or iOS, here are several options.
Mute Spotify Ads on All Platforms
The apps listed below muffle but do not block Spotify advertisements. In case you didn’t aware, there were programs that used to use DNS to disable Spotify adverts. However, Spotify has disabled such apps, and they are no longer functional. Hence, the closest option is to mute ads. With that said, let’s start with Android first.
How to Mute Spotify Ads on Android
1. Go to the Google Play Store and get the Mutify application.
Download Mutify for Android
Set away from the Mutify app once it has been downloaded. In Spotify, we need to enable the device broadcast feature. Spotify can use this method to notify other apps about the currently playing song. This is the most crucial stage.
2. Open the Spotify app and tap the gear icon in the top-right corner to do so. Go to the bottom of the Settings page and enable “Device Broadcast Status.”
3. Toggle Mute Ads on in the Mutify app once you’ve finished.
The Mutify app comes with a few drawbacks. If you change tracks within the Spotify app, it won’t be able to muffle adverts. As a result, you’ll need to modify the music from within the Mutify app.
How to Mute Spotify Ads on Windows
1. Download the EZBlocker app from GitHub.
Download EZBlocker for Windows
2. After you’ve downloaded the app, open it and listen to some music.
3. Return to the Downloads folder after accessing Spotify and double-click the EZBlocker executable file to run it. EZBlocker is a portable application that will not remain on your computer indefinitely.
4. At the bottom of the EZBlocker menu, there will be a small message that says “Playing:” and the song title. This means EZBlocker can recognize Spotify and mute advertisements for you automatically. That concludes our discussion.
The EZBlocker program can be minimized. It will be present in the system tray if you choose to open or close it.
If EZBlocker is unable to recognize Spotify, you can restart the program. It’s worth noting that EZBlocker won’t stop advertising from appearing in the Spotify web app. Furthermore, if you enter the Spotify app while an ad is playing, the ad will be unmuted.
How to Mute Spotify Ads on macOS
To mute Spotify advertisements on macOS, we simply need to run a simple shell script.
1. Open a terminal on your Mac and type the following command. On your Mac, the MuteSpotifyAds script will be downloaded.
mkdir -p ~/MuteSpotifyAds && curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gdi3d/mute-spotify-ads-mac-osx/master/NoAdsSpotify.sh > ~/MuteSpotifyAds/NoAdsSpotify.sh
2. To launch the script, type the following line in the terminal after you’ve downloaded it.
The terminal must remain open in the background. If you close the terminal, the script will not work.
3. Now you may use the Spotify app to listen to music without ads. When an advertisement is played, the script detects it and mutes the audio. When the music resumes, the audio will be unmuted automatically.
The Spotify web player does not support MuteSpotifyAds. Moreover, I have tested the script on macOS 11 Big Sur and it worked well
How to Mute Spotify Ads on iPhone
There is currently no way to block Spotify adverts on iOS without jail-breaking the device. As a result, I would advise you to avoid using such apps. Furthermore, using an ad blocker on Spotify may result in your account being suspended. Using a VPN to limit the number of adverts is a fantastic idea. Finland and Sweden, for example, have fewer advertisements than the United States, the United Kingdom, India, and other countries.
Must check out: How to Play Spotify on Discord Using Bots
Closing Remarks: Mute Spotify Ads
So there you have it: a few options for muting adverts on Spotify on Android, Windows, and macOS. The same script that works on macOS also works on Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple solution for iOS. While there are ways to turn off Spotify advertisements, switching to the pro account is significantly better and easier. Also, these artists work hard and need to be paid for their efforts. Support them when you can.