For rapid audio and video recordings, macOS has a good built-in screen recorder called Quicktime. It does not, however, offer the option of recording internal audio or system sound. For example, if you wish to record the Chrome browser playing a sound, you won’t be able to do it using the QuickTime player. So, here are three methods for recording your Mac’s screen with internal audio. So without any further delay we take you to the 3 Best Mac Screen Recorders With Internal Audio Options.
Mac Screen Recorder With Internal Audio
Before we begin, there are three options for recording the screen on a Mac with internal audio:
- Native method with QuickTime Player
- Third-party mac screen recorder
- Chrome extension
The first approach requires the installation of a virtual sound driver. Let’s have a look at how that goes.
1. Native Method
We’d have to install a third-party plugin to record sounds with the native Quicktime player. The plugin works as a sound device, transmitting the system’s internal audio to QuickTime Player. Sunflower is one of many third-party plugins available. However, I would recommend BlackHole app because it is regularly updated and compatible with the most recent version of macOS, Big Sur.
Please keep in mind that in order to register, you must have an active email address, and the download link will be sent to the same address. You can download the source code and compile it using Brew if you don’t want to register.
1. Close any applications that use audio after you’ve downloaded the file. Double-click the BlackHole package to install it after that.
2. Leave the default parameters for the installation and click the Install button.
3. After you’ve completed the installation, go to Spotlight and search for “Audio Midi Setup.” Select Audio MIDI Setup from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the “+” icon in the bottom-left corner of the Audio Midi Setup menu.
5. From the drop-down box, choose “Create Multi-Output Device.”
6. You’ll see “BlackHole 2ch” in the Audio Device options once you’ve built a Multi-Output Device. Check the boxes next to it that say “Use” and “Drift Correction.”
7. Right-click Multi-Output Device and select “Use This Device For Sound Output” from the context menu.
8. Now open QuickTime Player and create a new recording. To capture internal audio from your Mac, select “BlackHole 2ch” as your Microphone device.
2. Third-party App
The issue with using a virtual sound card is that it can cause your audio settings to become messed up. Your keyboard media keys, for example, will stop working if you change the default audio output device. As a result, if you are unfamiliar with the process, it is preferable to use a third-party program that handles the heavy lifting for you.
Screenflick is one of the best apps for recording the screen on a Mac with internal audio. You must, however, set up a Screenflick extension after installation. First and foremost, get Screenflick for Mac. After that, grant it the necessary permissions and install the program.
1. Download Screenflick for macOS. Allow the permissions as asked by the installation procedure.
2. Check the option “Record System Audio” when you launch Screenflick now.
3. Screenflick will then display a pop-up window requesting that you install the Screenflick Loopback Plugin. Allow installation by clicking the Install button.
4. The Screenflick Loopback plugin will be installed by Screenflick. Continue with the installation after granting the necessary permissions.
5. Screenflick will prompt you to restart your Mac after installation. To proceed, save all of your work and restart your computer.
6. After restarting, open Screenflick and tick the option next to “Record System Sounds.” You will now be able to record system audio in real time.
3. Chrome Extension
If you record most of your recordings in a web browser, especially Chrome, a Chrome extension is preferable to a third-party program. Screen Recorder is the greatest and best Chrome extension for recording the mac screen with internal audio. It’s a popular extension that allows you to record indefinitely without a watermark. This way you can use Mac Screen Recorders With Internal Audio option.
The extension comes with a few of conditions. It creates webm files from screen recordings. As a result, you’ll need to convert it to MP4 if you wish to utilize it with Final Cut Pro or other editors. Another issue is that Screen Recorder cannot capture internal audio outside of a Chrome tab due to macOS constraints. It’s a little tough to record sound from numerous tabs with this plugin.
Download Screen Recorder for Google Chrome
Closing Remarks: Mac Screen Recorder With Internal Audio
Screenflick is the simplest way to record internal audio on a Mac. If you enjoy messing around with Mac OS X, you can install the BlackHole audio plugin. It also allows you to route audio within games and other apps. Screen Recorder is a good alternative if you usually record within the Chrome browser. I hope that now you fully understand how to use Mac Screen Recorders With Internal Audio.
You may also like How to Use iPhone as Speaker For Mac.
[…] Also read Best Mac Screen Recorders With Internal Audio Options. […]