Here we have provided a simple step-by-step guide To Create a Bootable USB for Windows. This guide is easily understandable even for non-tech guys. Moreover, creating a Bootable USB is a very easy process and now became very common among users.
To create a bootable USB drive for Windows you simply need the following tools.
- A USB or Pen Drive
- Windows ISO Image File (Download Windows 10 ISO file)
- Rufus (to make ISO file bootable. Download here)
Before proceeding to start creating a bootable USB make sure that you have checked the following points.
- Gathered all the above-listed tools/files into your hard disk drive.
- Download the Windows 10 Pro ISO image free of cost from the above-provided link.
- Also, download the latest version of Rufus from the link given above.
- Make Sure that your USB size is larger than the ISO file.
- Format the USB drive.
You may also like to read Top 10 Digital Business Ideas.
Step 1 – Insert & Check USB/Pen Drive
- Insert the USB or pen drive into any of the PC’s USB port.
- If you have a USB 3.0 port, a port with blue color. Insert the USB in that port for faster process.
- Make sure it is connected and working properly.
- Format or remove the data from USB, if any.
- Check the size of the USB, it must be larger than the Windows ISO image file.
Step 2 – Downloading Windows ISO Image
Note. You may skip step 2 if you already have Windows ISO image setup file.
- Click on this link to visit the website where you can download the Windows ISO image file.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on the “Download” button.
- Wait for a few seconds on the next page and then click on the “Download” button.
- Your Windows ISO image file will be started downloading.
- Wait until its completion.
Step 3 – Installation of Rufus
There are two installation versions of Rufus. One is the MSI installer which you need to install into your system to proceed. The second is a portable version which you don’t need to install just download and start. You can download any one of your choice from here, both woks the same. Follow the below-given steps to install the Rufus software into your PC:
1. Extract the Zip file with WinRAR or any other compression program. Right-Click on the Zip file and then click on “Extract Here” as displayed in the below picture.
2. Right-Click on the Rufus Setup file and click on “Run as administrator” as shown in below image.
3. A box will popup, click on “Yes” and you are done. Rufus has been installed on your system and will start after clicking the yes button.
Step 4 – Creating Bootable USB with ISO File
1. Rufus Windows will open as you Click Yes on the previous step with administrator privileges. You will see that Rufus has automatically detected the inserted USB as shown in the below image, highlighted with green color.
2. Click on the “SELECT” button to select the Windows ISO image file. A browse window will pop up in which you have to go to the download folder where your file is downloaded. In my case, it is downloaded in the “Compressed” folder under the Downloads folder.
3. Select the GPT or MBR partition according to your hard disk drive. Finally, press the “Start” button and you are done. As you click on the start button it asks you to format the USB drive click OK to continue and you are done. You will see progress in the bar as shown in the below image.
4. Wait until its completion and click on the “Close” button that will appear when its completed. Restart your PC to install Windows 10 using bootable USB.
You may also like to read 5 Ways to Play Mobile Games on PC.
After going through this step-by-step guide I hope that you will successfully create the bootable USB of Windows. If you still stuck somewhere are having any trouble feel free to ask anything via commenting below.