You can change your Display username as many times as you want, but you can’t alter your Skype Name, which is unique to each user. Skype is a messaging app that allows you to send and receive messages, as well as make audio and video calls. This app can be downloaded for free on a smartphone, desktop, or tablet. Over a hundred million individuals use Skype App to make calls and chat. It allows for high-definition video calls with crystal-clear audio. Skype links people with a Skype name, which is a one-of-a-kind identifier. You must search for someone’s Skype name and send a text message if you wish to interact with them.
There is also a display name option. On Skype, the display name is also known as the username. Because your Skype name is used by others to find you, it cannot be changed. It is possible to modify the Username (display name). If you don’t know how to change your Skype username, read the following article.
Your Skype Name is the username you choose when you initially joined Skype, which may or May not has been produced automatically for you. This is a one-of-a-kind identifier that others can use to discover you in Skype searches. There is no possibility to change or modify. You can, however, edit your Skype Display Name, which appears alongside your Skype Name in search results (unique identifier). Following are the two methods to change the Skype Username.
1. How to Change Skype Username on the Web?
(1) Open your desktop web browser and go to skype.com.
(2) Select “My Account” from the “Sign In” drop-down menu.
(3) You’ll redirect to the Login page. Click the “Next” button after entering the Skype name.
(4) Click the “Sign In” button after entering your “Password.“
(5) Since you’re already on the “My Account” page, scroll down and select “Edit Profile.”
(6) Return to the profile page and click the “Edit Profile” option once more.
(7) Except for Skype Name, all other fields will become editable. This is where you can change the display name. Change the name to whatever you want.
(8) Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Save” option.
How to Change Skype Username using Smartphone?
(1) Open the Skype app on your phone or tablet.
(2) Select “Sign in or Create” from the drop-down menu.
(3) Click the “Next” button after entering your “Skype name,” registered email address or phone number.
(4) Now type in your password and press the “Sign in” button.
(5) From the homepage, select “My Accounts” by clicking on the profile image.
(6) Select “Skype Profile” from the Manage area.
(7) To change the display name, click the “Edit” icon.
(8) Click the tick icon and change the name.
Conclusion: How to Change Skype Username
You can modify the displayed username of Skype by using the approach described above. If you want to modify your Skype name, you won’t be able to do so. You can also start a new Skype account and use the name you choose as your Skype name. However, make sure the name is available, there is a need for Skype Name (which is unique identification) to locate someone.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments area.