You may quickly block unsolicited text messages if you have an Android device.
Every smartphone user will receive a slew of unsolicited text messages from others in their immediate vicinity. You may need to block text messages from people whose messages you don’t want to see from time to time. There are numerous scenarios and reasons to restrict text messages from a specific individual. You can easily block text messages from an annoying person on your Android phone. Blocking text messages is a straightforward technique that can be accomplished in a variety of ways. If you’re wondering how to block text messages on Android, simply follow the steps below.
Overview: How to block text messages on the Messages app?
Texting is undeniably one of the most common modes of communication these days. In the middle of a hectic day, a text from your best buddy is a nice distraction.
Text messages from people you don’t want to hear from, on the other hand, can be both aggravating and infuriating. The same may be said about spam text messages that bombard you with offers and promotions you don’t want. How we can send disappearing messages on What’s App. Android users, fortunately, have a number of effective methods for blocking texts they don’t want to receive. How to block text messages on android, following are two methods.
(1) Open the “Messages” app on your Android Smartphone.
(2) In the top right corner of the screen, tap the three-dotted icon.
(3) Select Settings.
(4) Select Blocking Settings from the drop-down menu.
(5) Select Blocked numbers from the General Settings menu.
(6) In the top right corner of the screen, click the Plus icon.
(7) In the pop-up window that appears, type the phone number from which you want to ban communications.
(8) Click Block after inputting the phone number.
9) To remove a phone number from the blocked list, click the “x” on the right side of the phone number.
Method 2 (Alternative Method)
You must manually input the phone number you want to ban text messages in this approach. There’s a better way to do it.
(1) When you first launch the app, you’ll see a list of the messages you’ve received.
(2) Select the chat you wish to restrict text messages from by clicking on it.
(3) In the top right corner of the chat screen, tap the three-dotted icon.
(4) Select Block number from the drop-down menu of options. The phone number will be disconnected.
(5) To unblock the phone number, go to the same icon and select Unblock number.
External apps can’t send or receive text messages
To block text messages, there are a plethora of apps available on the Google Play Store. Some of the programs that can be used to block text messages include Hand cent SMS and Private Space. It is not suggested to use third-party apps to block text messages because the program will have access to all of your text messages.
Closing Remarks: How to Block Text Messages on Android?
So, the next time you want to block a text message from a certain person, follow the instructions above and put an end to your frustration. The names of the features and settings described above may vary depending on the smartphone manufacturer. However, the overall procedure and steps are comparable.
If you have any queries or feedback, then leave it in the comment section below. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates.